Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Sound of Silence

As I had said earlier I had an interview with a company in my area and there was a follow up phone interview with the regional credit manager. The twenty minute time we had set for the phone call turned into an hour and twenty minutes so I thought it went real well. The RCM said he was going to pass on a recommendation to his boss for further talks.

And then the silence. No word has been coming from anyone. I had the interview set up through an employment agency and they weren't hearing anything either. In this case no news has not been good news. Especially since I haven't seen one advertisement for a job opening in my area since that time.

Until today. The RCM called an explained that due to travelling, vacations and such he didn't get back to me as he had nothing to report. But now we are making arrangements for me to fly to Chicago on August 28th to meet with him and his superiors. I'll fly in, meet them in the airport and fly out that afternoon.

So it's another month to wait but the waiting isn't so hard now that I feel there is a plan. And I think it's a job worth waiting for.

Grilled me a nice porterhouse this evening. Brocolli on the side. Good eating.

5 Comments:

Blogger Redlefty said...

Good news!

10:31 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Yeah for Bob!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger hard.rox said...

Glad to hear, Bob!! Things are looking up.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to think it is pretty close if they are willing to pay the expense of flying you out to Chicago.

Good things will come.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Yeah, I was thinking that too Gabe.

I guess I'll have to wear pants for this interview. ;)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home