Monday, July 02, 2007

Ticket to Ride

I usually get my tickets to concerts through Ticketmaster. Heck, they have the lock on the business. I have no complaints, they are very good in the service they provide.

Today I receive an interesting email from them. Nickelback is doing a tour and Ticketmaster would like me to buy a VIP package to that tour. They have a show listed I the area so I clicked through to see what it's about (no, I'm not a fan).

With the VIP package I would get a premium ticket, a signed photo of the band and a commemorative laminate (Whatever that is. All I know is it doesn't get me backstage access).

At the venue in question the best seat would cost me $69.25. That gets me into the lower level reasonably close to the stage. I don't know what a premium ticket is but I could imagine it's in the same area. And how much is this VIP package? $225!!! So it's $155 for a picture and something that does nothing for me. Have I lost my mind?

And this is for Nickelback. Could you imagine how much this would cost for a real band?

2 Comments:

Blogger gobbla said...

they must have a hard time filling seats! :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

I'm pretty sure we missed a Friday in there somewhere! How doin'?

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home