Friday, June 15, 2007

Thank God It's Friday

I think I have to post at least every Friday or G wonders where I've been.

But the days just keep rolling into one. I'm not on the normal week schedule like everyone else. Everyday seems like the weekend. That's not good.

Not much going on with the job front. A couple of places that had my resume have put off hiring right now. I did have a phone interview yesterday. Turns out the company is a direct competitor of my former employer so I would know the company, the job and the industry quite well. I hope I impressed the HR person (she didn't really understand the nuances of the job, didn't even realize I worked for a competitor) to get an in person interview. She said she would have my resume to the hiring manager by next week so we'll see.

But I'm running out of time. Only two more weeks of severance and then...who knows. Unemployment won't cover everything. I may have to convert my equity asset (house) into a more liquid position. Which would suck. The boys will be so disappointed, and I hate disappointing them again.

Edited to add: They must be interested. I've traded a dozen emails this morning just on a good cover letter for my resume. Keep your fingers crossed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hal Johnson said...

Good luck indeed, Bob.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Redlefty said...

Sounds like you're the man they need!

11:42 AM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

No fingers crossed here. Knees firmly planted and hands cemented together in prayer.

Yeah Bob!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home