Monday, July 02, 2007

The Kids Are Alright

They are really alright today - THEY'RE GONE!!! For the whole summer. Off to their grandparents. Daddy gets a break. Just kidding, I will miss them being around. We've all stuck with each other over the years to make it work as best as possible. It is way too quiet when they are not here. They make a good kind of noise.

It works out good for them. They get the summer out of the city and will spend most of it on the golf course. Plus they have a great relationship with their grandparents (from their mother's side). The grandparents don't get to see them that much during the year so they all look forward to this time together. I'll go out a few times to see them during the summer and probably get my butt handed to me on the course. They are both getting good and with the amount of practice they are getting it will be tough to keep up with them. Getting beat by my replacements, how humiliating.

Sending out another resume today. It would be nice if this one worked out.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Lucky Dawg! I mean that in the nicest way to both of our children! :)

Somehow I hope that resume doesn't pan out for you! Silly boy!

Take care!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Funny story. Last year I'm in a supermarket when a friend calls me an invites me to a BBQ. She tells me that date and says she hopes it's one of the weekends that I'm free. I say, "I'm free. The kids are gone for the summer". A woman is walking by me, pushing a cart with a toddler in it (probably Jack's age.) She looks straight at me and says "Bastard." :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger jennmedic said...

Oh BOB!!!!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home