Wednesday, June 06, 2007

All Over You

In the last two days I have received a dozen emails from the various fitness newsletter sources I have subscribed to. All of them telling me about this unbelievable offer from one trainer that expires tomorrow night and an offer I can't live without. With lots of "free" stuff. And some of them are exactly the same, word for word. It's a fitness trainers circle jerk club.

Going to see Live tomorrow night in New Jersey. Saw them last year at the same club, the Starland Ballroom, a nice small club where you can be within a few feet of the stage if you choose. I'm really surprised that this band hasn't become more popular than they are. When I tell people I'm going to see them the most common reaction is "Who?" These guys play kick ass rock n roll and their songs have great messages. This concert is perfect timing, I can sure use this now. Check out the video for "The River"



Edited to add: THEY KICKED FUCKING ASS!! My hearing should return by Sunday, I hope.

4 Comments:

Blogger Redlefty said...

They were my favorite band in my college days, 1995 or so. Definitely very talented.

3:03 PM  
Blogger jennmedic said...

Wish I could make that one too. Right around the same time as the last too huh! You could definately use the time to relax.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Hal Johnson said...

Yeah, even as a newbie to the fitness forum, those emails from the "circle jerk club" sort of left me cold. In fact, I was planning to buy TT to use when I'm traveling, since it seems to lend itself to non-gym settings more than NROL. Now, though, I think I'll wait, since I only enjoy being manipulated by women.

I've heard about Live from a couple of musician friends over the years, but your post finally prompted me to order "Throwing Copper" from Amazon. It kinda hurts when a blog post prompts me to spend money, since I'm part Scottish.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

I think you'll like "Throwing Copper". It has a good mix of their playing in there. My favorite of theirs is "The Distance to Here", very upbeat album, especially as a follow up to "Secret Samahdi", which was a very dark album.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home