Sunday, July 29, 2007

Is It In My Head?

Reading back it seems like this blog has become a whine fest (except for the 6/21 post which was a bitch fest). It's odd because I think that people that really know me don't see me as a whiner. So I'll try to refrain from whining in every post. Maybe just every other one.

The boys came in for the day on Tuesday. I don't know what they feed them out there but they keep getting bigger. Scott is getting closer to my height. Sean seems to be dominating the Friday golf league they are in, shooting 41 in the first 9 hole tourney they had. Even Scott is breaking 50 and they are both wanting me to come out to beat me (Scott is talking trash to me now). Unlike last year, where I didn't pick up a club and took them easily, I'm going to have to get some practice time in. I'm going to try to get out there in 2 weeks so it's not much time.

Chris is out on maneuvers so he's hard to reach. He should be done with them in early September. When I spoke to him last he was looking forward to it.

I haven't been to the gym in, well, a long time. I still remember the way although I may have forgotten my member number. I need to come up with a plan and get back in there (I know, a familiar theme with me, coming up with a plan).

The latest bit of evil I have found is Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee Ice Cream (go to "What's New Lagoon). I comes in a convenient 2 serving size (don't let the "4 servings per container" BS on the label fool you). And now that a 7-11 has opened a block away I have 24/7 access to it. It shows.

Even though I am home alone I really need to remember to put the seat down.

Spent the morning listening to Genesis - the Peter Gabriel version. In my opinion this version of the band was the best. Much better when Gabriel sang, Hackett played guitar and Collins stayed back on the drums. I was lucky enough to see this version twice live. And all these years later they are still some of my favorite musicians.

Now it's rainy out with thunderstorms in the area. Looks like that's what is on tap for the rest of the day so I think I'll spend the time doing some reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hal Johnson said...

For what it's worth, Bob, I don't think your blog has been a whinefest. You're just telling us what's going on, that's all.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Redlefty said...

Yeah, unemployment isn't usually euphoria. That creme brulee ice cream sounds pretty good, too.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home