Friday, May 18, 2007

Everybody's Working For The Weekend

Well, not everybody.

Payday. Looks like it's time for another update.

No workouts this week. Not because I didn't want to. I woke up Tuesday with my joints all stiff an achy. Wrists, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. And pounding sinuses. My wrists have been hurting for a while, I feel like I'm getting arthritis in them. The rest was unusual so I wondered if it was allergies or some kind of "bug". Whatever it was by Wednesday it had moved more internally and was causing massive releases of methane (sorry, Mr. Gore). Good thing I'm single. I think she would have been uncomfortable sleeping on the couch for a few nights. I know I was uncomfortable where I was. I'm feeling a little better but not good enough to where I'll be squatting or deadlifting in the gym just yet. Maybe in a few more days.

I found a white hair the other day. This one, however, is in a place that (unfortunately) doesn't get much exposure. I was going to yank it out but then I remembered reading somewhere that some chicks dig the salt and pepper look. They say it makes you look distinguished. I'm running with that.

Sean gets to play in the PSAL City Golf Championship on Monday. He's one of 31 who qualified for this tournament. It will be played on the Green Course at Bethpage State Park. Sean played very well this year although his team came in last in their division. Playing as their #1 player he won 7 out of 9 matches. His only two losses was to the reigning city champion, who is a senior and will be moving on. And he really dominated in his wins, winning 4 matches at 4 and 3, and 3 matches at 5 and 4. Of course now I have to endure the ragging that I no longer have the game to compete with him (which is probably true). This is what happens, people, when we breed our replacements.

Not to leave Scott out, he'll be getting a haircut this weekend. I'll try to hook up with Chris sometime this weekend to see what he's up to.

6 more paydays left. I better get a job or this blog is finished.

6 Comments:

Blogger Redlefty said...

Good to hear from you. If salt and pepper doesn't work, I've also heard that chicks love the "cayenne" look.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Muy caliente.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Hal Johnson said...

Good luck with the job search, and hope you feel better soon.

9:29 PM  
Blogger jennmedic said...

Hey cool new look!! Spring cleaning?

6:08 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Something not so dreary.

8:03 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Been thinkin' 'bout you, wondering what's happening. Thanks for the update...will keep prayin'.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home