Sunday, June 18, 2006

No word from Chris yet. I actually don't expect to hear from him for maybe a few weeks. That's the Army way. But it goes against the "call me when you get there" mentality that's become ingrained in me. So I sit wondering what's going on.

My brother had been in the Army and told me that basic is the toughtest thing he has ever had to go through. It has to be; they're preparing you to save your own life, and your buddies, on a battlefield. Chris is 5'7" and all of 130 lbs so I have mixed feeling about this basic training. One side of me is saying "Ha ha he's getting his butt kicked" (that must be the Dad side) but one is saying "Crap, he's getting his butt kicked" (the Mom side?) I'm hoping they put some muscle on him. This kid has the fastest metabolism, he was devouring anything I brought into the house and never gained weight. They may have to put him on double rations.

And his brothers are completely indifferent about this. They're happy the have their own rooms now that he's gone. At some point it will catch up with them. At least I hope so.

This was the first weekend where I was completely alone. I didn't like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger jennmedic said...

I don't think you ever get used to this kind of thing.And on being all alone, I know the feeling- it sucks! I look forward to the weekends without my guys but when it gets here I hate it. I don't know what to do with myself and that bites. I end up rolling aroumnd the house ripping things apart and putting them back together and thats not a good thing half the time!! I hope things get easier and you find a productive way to deal with things over the summer. Just know you have the support of great friends if you need it.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home