Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Day After....Yesterday

Moved. We're in. Although I think I'm applying Federal Disaster Funding. Holy crap, I feel like I'll be digging out of this forever.

And I have to say the kids worked hard. With their help we did the move in 5 hours. Pretty good. Although GI Chris is as weak as shit. A friend of his came over to help and they were moving the sofa bed out of the apartment. They lifted and the strain on his face was what I imagine Cressey looks like DL'ing 600. They were able to move it 10 feet before he had to put it down, he was tired. I went over and picked it up with his friend. turned it to get it through the door, brought it out into the hall, pressed it up to get it over the bannister and make the turn, brought it back down and down the stairs (I had the bottom) out of the house and into the truck. His friend looked at him and said "Your Dad is strong, and he's old. (damn kid) The Army is going to kick your ass. " Needless to say he wasn't much use getting it into the house either.

So now it's on to getting the place presentable. The electricians will be there today to finish their work and then I can start putting the furniture in permanent positions. I have to repaint what I already did, not happy with the color. And paint the bedrooms. And clean the basement. And, crap, there's a yard too. And a garden. What have I done?? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home