Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dear Diary......

That's what this feels like sometimes. And when I don't post anything for a few days I feel like "Jeez, you need a life". But that's not really true. As you all know from your own experiences Life comes at you from all sides, at all times. It's how you duck and dodge that makes it.

So I've been working at the house for the last few days, long days. Well, I call it working. The friend helping me seems to think it's something else. I'll be the first to admit that home repair is not my thing. But then again it's something I've never had to do, having lived as a renter for many years. And this guy has been doing this for as many years as I've been renting. But rather than show me how to do what he needed done he pushed on by himself. And then bitched to someone else about how incompetent I am. He's been really cranky with me the last few days so we'll have to see how this pans out. He's a good guy but lacks in his spackle/sand/paint-side manner.

Anyway the update is that the downstairs is all painted, the upstairs is primed and ready to go. Moldings should go in on Wednesday and the floor work should start on Thursday. I'm still trying to get in by 5/31, looks like I'll be cutting it close. Once I get in I'll have pics posted, before and after. I like the way it's coming out. I have to hold off on some of the things I planned to do, like new furniture, as some of the repairs went over budget. But it will be good to get in there. I think. :-)

That's it for now. I'm looking forward to a nice peaceful evening, rest up for tomorrow, try and hit the gym early (I know, do or do not, there is no try). I'll be there. Have to get the fat loss in gear so I'll be doing Craig's TT program. Peace all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home