Saturday, March 03, 2007

Eclipse

There was a total lunar eclipse visible in the northeast tonight. This one was very different than others I have seen in that the moon had already been in total eclipse as it rose into the evening sky. I had to wait for the sun to completely set before I could pick up the faint glow in the darkening sky. It was in totality for over an hour before you can see the sunlight reflecting off a sliver of the edge. Very cool to watch. And what was playing on my iPod? (10 points for the first correct guess. But remember the points don't matter)

I know, I need a life.

Hmmm, maybe it is me!!!

Edited to add:

If you want to read more about the eclipse go here. There's another one on August 28.

6 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Not only is it "vague and jargon loaded" it's also assumptions that get me in trouble. And you know what assuming makes out of you and me, right!? :)

Cool on the lunar eclipse! We could see something in our night sky tonight that I am not sure what it was. If I could tell you the direction it was in, it might help, but that's not my strong suit.

My guess: Total eclipse of the heart

10:45 PM  
Blogger Redlefty said...

"Dark Side of the Moon".

I figured you as more of a Pink Floyd guy than a Bonnie Tyler guy, but who knows?

11:08 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Ding Ding Ding, redlefty is the winner. 10 points. Don't know what you'll do with them but they're yours.

Total Eclipse of the Heart? Jeez.

The Moon would have been to the east, which for you would be out over the Gulf. From what I read the South didn't get the total eclipse but there is another oneduring the summer that will be total in the south and west. I will find out and let you know. It might be fun for the kids to watch.

8:41 AM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

I don't care what you say, I like my answer better! :)

He's not going to do anything with them, 'cause I'm taking 'em! I've been spending every waking moment with this sick kid and I deserve...A LOT of points. :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger hard.rox said...

Unfortunately it was too cloudy in MA to see it. It would have been early enough that the kids could have seen a portion of it. Marking my calender for August 28th.

9:44 AM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

hello, hello. anyone there??

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home