Monday, March 19, 2007

Meeting Across The River

Later on today I start my time working out of the office in South Plainfield, New Jersey. I'll go to my office in Brooklyn to pick up my computer and a box of files and head over there later in the morning. Once there I'll probably find I'll be in a cubicle (I have a pretty nice office right now) which will be different. People will be able to look in on me whenever they pass by (wait until they see what goes on on Fridays).

This is going to change my whole day. I'll probably have to get up earlier to get my workouts in, as I'll have to leave earlier to make this trip. I couldn't switch the workouts to night time as I'll be getting home later than usual. The kids will be home by themselves longer than they are right now, and Sean is going to have to get himself to school (right now I drive him as his school is on my way, but no longer).

So I'm going to have to see how this plays out. The incentive they are offering for making this move is not a large one. And by making it to today I have met all the qualifications for the severance package they have offered. So if I feel like it is too big a disruption in my life I'll end it. And then my full time job will be finding a full time job.

As you can tell I'm not sleeping well tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Good to hear from you!! :) Sometimes jumping through the hoops is worth it, but sometimes you can only do it for so long. Seems like you've done the right thing (getting your severence), but this lifestyle isn't going to work for you. Those boys need you (as you know) and being gone earlier and later is no good, IMO.

Sorry you didn't get good (any?) sleep. I'm terrible at sleeping the night before something big.

Hope you're doing ok today.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Redlefty said...

Whoa, that's rough. You'll be smart enough to figure out what's best, and brave enough to do it, I have no doubt.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home