Thursday, January 18, 2007

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

You'll never get to hear me play, that's pretty much guaranteed. But I really love playing guitar. Very soothing and relaxing, and sometimes I surprise myself and play something good. Not too often but enough to keep me coming back.

I've been playing music since I was around 4 (yes, they had music back then). My father one day came home with an accordian for me to play. I couldn't pick the thing up and if you sat it on my lap I disappeared behind it. This wasn't working but he had an idea. He got some plywood, took the bellows off the accordian and mounted the keyboard and buttons on the plywood. Then he bought an air blower and used that to replace the bellows. A makeshift organ. That was my introduction to music. In school I would always join the band class all the way through high school. I played saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone horn and percussion. Then the Beatles became big and I got hooked on the guitar and bass. So, I've been playing guitar for about 40 years now. I'm not good but that doesn't matter. It's always there when I need it and it brings me peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Gardening does that for me...and I've got some major weed pulling to do, if only the weather would cheer up a bit.

Rock on, Dude!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Thanks. I'm kid free this weekend so I'm gonna get loud!!! :)

3:51 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Oh dear! If I can hear you in Houston, you are too loud!!! :) Enjoy!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

It can never be too loud. ;)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Ahhhhhhh that felt good! :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Well, I got a call from your neighbors last night, but I asked them to be patient and so I'm taking it they didn't call the cops, so this time you are good. And that has to be the longest sentance I've typed in some time! :)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home