Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Started my Christmas shopping tonight. It's a mad house out there. The traffic, the parking, the crowded stores. It's insane. Why do I do this every year? I always wait until the last minute (told you I was crazy).

So then I do drive-by shopping. I know what I'm going to get, I know where I'm going to get it. I plan my strategies so I'm in and out quickly. There's no chance for the pressure and tension to build from an extended stay in the chaos I have thrown myself into. I pity a mall Santa the day that happens.

The only drawback of this method is I'm usually out for 1 ro 2 items at a time. Which means I'll be doing this the rest of the week. I've been out shopping on Christmas Eve for the last few years and I expect I'll be doing it again this year.

So all is going well tonight. I find exactly what I want and turn to head for the registers to make the purchase. Now, I know there's going to be a line so I don't head exactly to the registers, more to the general area to find my way along the line. And here it is. It doesn't look so bad. I start to follow the line to head for the back. And I'm walking. And walking. And walking. And finally I'm at the end. Which I now notice is about 2 feet from where I decided to "turn and head for the registers". And it takes freaking 25 minutes to go through this line and they had at least 10 registers open. AAAUUGH!!!!!

I hope tomorrow's plan works better.

2 Comments:

Blogger hardrox said...

Bob, they have this thing called the "internets". It's made of wires and "pipes" and all sorts of gadgets. You just tell a vendor what you want and they send it thru the pipes. No fuss. Technology is your friend. ;-D

6:15 AM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Hmmmm, "Internets" you say. Interesting. I'll have to google that. ;-)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home