Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Xmas

Shopping day 2 went well. I got in and out pretty quick and traffic wasn't as bad. I'm hoping everyone else has completed their shopping and I have missed the crowds. Yeah, right. Of course getting out late means there is less of a selection. I hope the boys don't mind finding this under the tree for them.

I picked up a John Lennon compilation CD for myself while out shopping and listened to it in the car on the ride home. Great stuff, Lennon was such a great writer and performer. The Beatles were my introduction to rock n roll (yes, I'm old enough to have seen them on Ed Sullivan). They were a great band and I always liked Lennon the most out of all of them. My parents didn't think too much of this loud, raucous music I was listening to. Although every once in a while my father would come into my room, listen for a minute or two and say "OK, I'm hearing this one" and leave shaking his head in approval.

I'm thinking of getting myself a guitar for Xmas. If I don't buy for me no one will. It will mean I'll have to cut back a little from the kids, but they have plenty and Daddy worked hard this year. Now the tough decision - acoustic or electric? If I was still in the apartment it would have to be acoustic. But since I'm in the house, and can get as loud as I want the electric is tempting. Hmmmm I'll have to think about this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

It makes me laugh that you guys NEVER grow out of wanting a guitar!! :) We got rid of Michael's a couple of years ago, but i am sure that deeeep down he really still wants one!

I really say, "Go for it!" on the guitar! I am a FIRM believer that when Daddy works hard he needs to be rewarded, too. That's why Michael's getting Lasik done next week. I KNOW he's pumped about that!

Enjoy your day!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

You do know that God invented rock n roll so that us ugly guys could get some action, right? If you don't think that's true then you need to explain Gene Simmons to me. :)

PS. I already have one guitar here. And two basses.

6:46 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

So...are you done? I keep thinking I am then something happens and blam--I out shopping again! Akkk!!! These kids are making out like FAT RATS!!! It's pretty fun! I can't wait till they see all their loot!

Merry Christmas!!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home