Sunday, January 14, 2007

TV or not TV

Hanging at home yesterday, doing the Mom stuff (cleaning, laundry. etc.) I'm waiting for the playoff games to come on. The kids are out so I start watching the Colts-Ravens game. About 5 minutes into the game here they come, with some friends. Now, their video games are hooked up to the TV in the living room so I know why they are here. "Hey, whatcha doing Dad?" "I'm cleaning leaves out of the gutters. Here's your sign". And then their pacing starts. To the kitchen, back outside, one heads to the bathroom. At the end of the first half I tell them they can have the TV. Later on I have to negotiate watching the second half of the Eagles-Saints game.

The kids have TV's in their rooms but they couldn't hang with friends there, it's too small. So that's why the video games are hooked up in the living room. But I don't have a TV in my room, and I don't really want one. So the living room TV is where I do my occasional viewing. But I feel I'm being wedged out here. I don't like to pull rank, I like that they are hanging here and not out on the streets. But there's the rest of the playoffs, March Madness, the Stanley Cup, BASEBALL all coming up. I may have to breakdown and get a TV.

Or sell the kids.

4 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Ask me tomorrow (when Michael's at work and I'm solo parenting) and I'll be able to help justify your sell option. :)

And what's up with your "Mom stuff" comment. I'm pretty sure you threw that in there to goad me...and I'm not biting, Mister! :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Your other option is to come to Houston. Michael's got 56 incher all fired up and ready! :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

The problem with selling the kids is that they are teenage boys - they eat like they are going to the chair, they know freaking everything and they really don't smell all that good.

I have a very deep respect for what Moms do as it's been a part of my life to the last 11 years.

And did I really need to know about Michael's 56 incher? You do know there is such a thing as TV envy, right?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Redlefty said...

Here's what I would do...

Have the boys clean up their rooms nice and tidy, because it will be your football viewing area. That's the tradeoff for them using the main TV for video games during the playoffs.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home