Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Video Killed the Radio Star

One good thing about going to work when the kids are home from school is I don't have to listen to those video games. Explosions, screams, gunshots, bells, whistles - a cacophony that they seem oblivious to. And loud too. Blasting it so I can hear it outside and yet they are a few feet from the speakers. (Whoa, I think I just channeled my father).

I probably don't like the video games because in general I suck at them. If it's anything more than the intense action of Tiger Woods Golf I have no chance. It only takes a few seconds before I'm blown to nanobits. And the boys find this amusing. Hahaha.

The new Wii is interesting. The graphics are so-so but the controllers are cool. You need to move the controllers to mimic that action on the screen. So you swing the controllers like a baseball bat, tennis racquet, golf club, etc. There's a boxing game where you move your hands to simulate the punches. So far the kids have declined to play this one with me. I don't think they trust me. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Have I complained before about Michael's "Hulk" game??? It's really aweful and it's not the game itself...it's the controller. We have the GameCube so it's the old-school controller and when the Hulk does his spin move, Michael has to bang in a circle the yellow stick and it makes the worst sound ever! I've complained so much about this one thing that I think he's abandoned the move! ha!

I am really lucky that we happened to buy a certain someone some cool headphones for Christmas! ha!

BTW, my extent of video game playing ends at Mario Golf! :)

Hope you have a great New Year!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

The kids had some game for the GameCube where if the bad guy grabbed them they had to do the same thing with the yellow stick to break free. You're right, it makes a noise that's even worse than the game itself. It used to drive me up the wall.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home