Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Money

One thing I noticed yesterday while walking around was the number of stores open on Christmas Day. Usually it's just the supermarket and the bakery that are open for the morning hours. But yesterday the Dunkin Donuts was open all day. CVS was open until 5. The chinese takeout place was open. The pizza place was open. Even McDonald's was open, all day. I remember their sign saying "Open all year except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day". I'm guessing that sign has changed.

I imagine the stores will be a madhouse today. I had my fill of them last week. I'm staying away this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roland Denzel said...

I spent the day down at the beach on Christmas. I packed all sorts of food and drinks, knowing everything would be closed. However, the whole pier was open for business. Crowded, too. My mistake.

There were plenty of places closed away from the pier, but many places that sold food were open.

On a related note, my favorite Mexican place closes every Sunday and for several days around major American holidays.

While they miss out on the money on those days, you can tell by the rush of business before and after that people are happy with their decision and support it.

I just plan ahead and go on Saturday.

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home