Monday, December 11, 2006

Counting Out Time

I had a party at the house on Saturday night. The first one since I moved in. For a lot of my friends it was the first time they had been to the house. I spent a lot of the day cleaning and organizing (I'm not a good housekeeper). And the was the first thing the women commented on, how clean it was. A mental note has been made. It went pretty well, although one guy was having a little hissy time. Ah, I can't make everyone happy.

Spent part of yesterday cleaning up a little bit and listening to
Live. They are such a good band, I'm surprised more people don't listen to them. Most people I know have no idea who this band is, but the put out such good music and put on great shows. The Distance to Here is my favorite album of theirs. Check them out.

The kids came home last night and saw the house cleaned up. I warned them if they mess it up they'll be sent to live with their mother. So far they are keeping it neat.

Took a walk last night to do some thinking (this always works for me). The Christmas lights are going up all around the neighborhood. I like seeing the lights, it takes your mind off other things, so the walk and the lights picked me up. Next time I'll take the camera for some pics to post.

6 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Sooooo....whatcha thinkin' 'bout?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

The usual stuff - kids, life, love.

12:45 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Well, that was HIGHLY uninformative. But glad you got it all solved during your walk! :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

I didn't say I solved it. I said it picked me up. :)

The details itself are very boring.

2:27 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Hmmmm. You boys are sooo...boys! :) Speaking of boys, how are yours? Chris?

I'm sending my pic now.

I kinda miss Gobbla's blog! hehe!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

I keep trying to tell the women I know that I'm as big a dumbass as the rest of the men (no offense, men). Thank you for noticing. :)

Chris is OK. His unit came back from Iraq in November. The earliest that unit can be delpoyed again is Jan. '08. So he has at least 13 months ahead of him in Europe. I told him take advantage of it, travel around. I certainly would.

I know what you mean about the gobblog. He's out there but he's really freaking funny.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home