Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Baumholder....Bethpage

So Chris ended up here. He says it's about 30 miles from the borders of France and Luxemborg. He was able to get off post for a bit and said it's a nice area, very peaceful. So far his duty has been a long night shift, from 5 pm to 9 am on duty in one of the barracks there. The unit he is assigned to is just returning from a tour in Iraq, so he says the earliest he could be deployed in January 2008. But I'm learning that this is the Army and that could change at any time. It's good to know he made it OK.

This weekend I'll be taking Sean to play at Bethpage Black, site of the 2009 U.S. Open. He's been after me for a while about playing here. I've played it before and it's a tough golf course. He's been playing well but he's still a little wild and this is not a course to be wild on. We'll see how well he can handle this.

Scott will be at his mother's while I'm out golfing with Sean. Scott does play but there is no way he could play this course. So I'm going to owe him big time for this. ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Redlefty said...

Well, that's still quite a sacrifice to take Sean to Bethpage. Mightly selfless of you.

Maybe you can make it up to Scott by going to a Giants game or something. Sacrifices, sacrifices....

:)

p.s. -- This is actually Michael. Jamie didn't hijack my account today.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Hey, he asked for it for a birthday present. What's a Dad to do? :) I think it will be a very humbling experience for him.

Scott's good, not a demanding kid at all. He'd nver ask to have this made up to him but I'll find something we can do for this.

It's nice that Jamie let you use the computer today ;-)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Redlefty said...

Hey boys! Settle down!

Jamie

:)

8:53 AM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Are you both happy now???

I would like for you to know that we are a THREE computer family and RedLefty can use anyone of the three at anytime he needs! Now THERE! We have a lot of computers! (Sorry, I just finished "I'll teach my dog a lot of words").

Have a great day on the course, Bob. Michael will be out there on Friday putting it up!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home