Monday, September 04, 2006

The Boys Are Back In Town

Yes, they're back!!! Sean and Scott have been back since last Wednesday. Anybody want some kids? I'm kidding of course. It's good to have them back. At times it was too quiet here. They head for school tomorrow, Sean a junior in high school and Scott to 8th grade. They're smart kids so they should have a good year, although both have a tendency to laziness, so I have to stay on top of them. Hey, I have to have some fun, right?

I also heard from Chris the other day. He finished his basic training and has moved on to his advanced engineering courses. Graduation is still set for October 13 and he's anxious to get home. I think he'll have a couple of weeks leave then he'll have to report back. He's going to be stationed in Germany when he goes back. I'm not too comfortable with this as those stationed there seem to be heading into the action more than anywhere else. But there's nothing I can do but hope for the best.

And me? I'm aiight, doing the best I can. Can you do anything else?

3 Comments:

Blogger jennmedic said...

Boys will be boys right Bob! Stay on top of your younger guys, it shows how much you love them. I'll keep Chris in my prayers and have faith that he will be ok. You can only hope that everything you tried to teach them and the examples you set have had the impact you had hoped they would. About all trust them, they learned a lot from you so they will be just fine. Live for today and look forward to tomorrow.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Redlefty said...

Hey Bob! Good to know the boys are back. I can't imagine life without my babies!

Say, how's your spark?? Feeling any better?

RW

10:22 AM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Jamie, I am glad they are back. Being teenagers they can be trying at times but overall they are good kids. I still have the spark, although after today's leg workout I am expecting some serious leg soreness tomorrow. But that will teach me to take time off. Yes, I am feeling better. Thanks.

Jenn, I really appreciate your thoughts. You've let me lean on you a few times and I know you will in the future. I can't thank you enough, my friend.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home