Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Accessorize



I received this bracelet from Chris' mother. I'm not one for wearing jewelry or other stuff. No chains, watches, rings or bracelets but in this case I feel I have to. So it will stay on until he comes home for good.

I also received a picture from him. He also told me there's a DVD video of their platoon coming out of the tear gas hut. They go into the hut with gas masks on and then remove them for two minutes. I've seen a video of this when Joseph Pierce went through his training and it's not pretty.



Something about pimply faced young men and Army uniforms just doesn't seem quite right. Maybe it's just because this is not where I expected to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger hardrox said...

Bob - This article seemed timely considering Chris just went thru the chamber. Can you imagine?

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123026167

9:51 AM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Holy crap. I'll definitely be showimg this to Chris when he gets home. Thanks.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home