Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On the Road Again

Heading off to Missouri for a few days. Chris is graduating from Boot Camp on Friday. Yes, he made it, he called me to confirm that he is graduating. He sounded good and excited about what he has accomplished. Shaved a minute and a half off his 2 mile run since the beginning of BC. It will be interesting to see if he has filled out any. When he left he was 5'6" and under 150 lbs. His recruiter told him the army would try to fatten him up a bit. I don't know how, this kid used to eat everything in sight and never gained anything. I wish I had his metabolism.

I don't know if he'll be coming home after the graduation. He applied to go in for K-9 training with bomb sniffing dogs. If he gets accepted he will have to be in Texas the week of the 23rd, so he said he may just head there. The training will be about 6 months and after that he would be stationed out of Missouri. If he doesn't get it he'll be heading to Germany after his leave. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing him. I haven't seen him since June 14th.

A little ironic I'll be in Missouri from Wednesday into Saturday. The Mets start the championship series against the Cardinals on Wednesday. I'll have to watch the first 2 games from Cardinal country. I'm guessing I should leave my Met jacket at home.

2 Comments:

Blogger hardrox said...

Congratulations to Chris for completing BC!! I'm sure he'll be very glad to see you. Have a good trip.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Thanks, Greg. We were both happy to see each other. It was a good trip

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home