Saturday, July 08, 2006

Letters From the Front 2

Another letter from Chris. It's hot in Missouri. And humid. And he's bitching about it. He hasn't started his basic yet, but his "real" drill sargeants have arrived. I guess they gave him the "drill sargeant lite" version earlier because now he's getting his ass kicked. His group has been getting smoked - army lingo for "you F'd up, drop and give me twenty". Seems he's been doing a lot of pushups. And when one of them screws up they all have to pay. Graduation has been pushed back to October but that could change too. I have to write him back later on. I don't think he'll be calling any time soon.

I went and had new glasses made today. It's amazing what the world looks like without the fuzzy edges. I'm not sure if this is a good thing yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Redlefty said...

I'm headed to Missouri this weekend for to vacation with extended family in Osage Beach (central MO). Heard it is definitely hot there, but I'm from Houston so it's all the same. Hope he continues to do well and find the strength within.

And my friend, it's all about the lasik these days. Fuzzy glasses, clear glasses... let's just get rid of all glasses!

Of course, I haven't had lasik yet either, cuz there's that whole "money" thing that gets in the way of optical surgery. But one day...

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home