Thursday, July 27, 2006

Melissa Etheridge

I wouldn't say that I've been a real fan of hers over the years. I've heard some of her songs and they're good songs, well written and sung. But one night I was hanging with Linda talking about music, a wide variety of music, and she started talking about Melissa. About how the music and lyrics reached her, had meaning for her, touched her. And she talked about how great a live performer she was and how good her concerts were, and there was a great passion in what Linda was saying. So I told her the next time she was going to one of her shows I wanted to go. I had that opportunity last night.

And Linda was right. What a great show. She went through her catalog of songs, some of which I knew and some I didn't but do now. She played for over two and a half hours and she gives it her all. Damn, this woman rocks hard!! And she has a great band, guitar bass and drums with Melissa on acoustic 12 string for most songs. And it wasn't Melissa and a backing band. It was all four together bringing her songs to life, great performances by all the players. I couldn't help but think that under normal circumstances this would have been a show I probably would have bypassed and how I was really glad I didn't.

I'm a fan now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home