Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So Chris goes for his physical tomorrow and to sign the final papers and get sworn in. After that he's property of the U.S. Army. His plan is to become a tanker and request to start basic training the first or second week of June. So the time here is short. 16 weeks of basic and tank training and then he can come home for a few weeks. And then he'll be deployed. He'll be requesting deployment in Germany.

I have a friend whose son-in-law is a tanker stationed in Germany. He's been there for a year and a half training and in June will be heading to Iraq for a year. He wasn't always a good kid, got in to quite a bit of trouble, but has turned out fine from his army experience. I'll pray hard for this kid as he has a beautiful 4 year old daughter, one of my favorite friends. A real great child. Hopefully his experience there will not be a bad one, both physically and mentally.

And maybe this will help out Chris. He has been directionless for the last few years so maybe the structure of the army will help him out. Although I've tried what I felt was my best to help him, I wonder - did I?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marykaa said...

A wise man recently said "we all go through slumps here and there. And then something changes, even the slightest and unexpected thing, and we find our way back on track." Your son will be fine. He has a caring father.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

I'll have to find that wise man and see what else he has to say.

Thanks, Mary, for the reminder.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home