Saturday, April 22, 2006

Spent a lot of time in the car the last two days, about 7 hours worth. Many miles passed under me, many thoughts going through my head during that time. And now I'm back at where I started. And while it's good to be home there are other places I would like to be, opportunities I would like to try. Someday, someday.....

Chris and I had a good talk. He's still signing up for the Army but we cleared the air about some things. The biggest of all was communication. He keeps a lot bottled up inside from me, almost out of fear. I can't think of any reason for him to fear me, and he admits it is unfounded. In the last two day we have talked about a lot of things, much more than we have in a long time. I hope that what we have started just hasn't come too late.

2 Comments:

Blogger hardrox said...

Bob,

I wish your son the very best with his career choice. I'm not looking forward to the day my son is of the age to make his own life-decisions. Must be tough letting go. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Greg

2:07 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Thanks, Greg. I'm trying to stay positive for him, he is excited about this. But at the same time I'm nervous as all hell. It's 3 and a half years, which seems like nothing to him but will be an eternity for me.

Thanks again.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home