Monday, October 01, 2007

Reasons to be Cheerful

Ah, those Mets. They can break your heart. After 45 years you think I would be used to this. Oh well, next year.

The employment agency called me. No, not good news. They wanted to get the names and contact information of the people I met so they can find out what is going on. They spoke to the people at the local office and the position has still not been filled. In fact the people here in NY don't seem to have any idea what is going on.

And to me that's the weirdest part. I went through all their processes - interviews and testing - with no issues. There is no doubt I have the experience for the job. Maybe too much experience but I think the job they had required that kind of experience. From the data and metrics they quoted me their credit department in NY was in a shambles. And my experience, I felt, would allow me to turn the department around in short order, something someone with lesser time spent would not be able to do. I'm not bragging but I have 21 years spent with companies at the top of their industries and I was near the top of the management team. I couldn't have done that without knowing my job.

While some may think this would be a step down the allure of the job to me was that chance to make the difference, to turn that department around. I thought it would be a good showcase for my abilities, which could have lead to other opportunities. I could have made them a lot of money.

The strange part is that they have gone so silent. Up until the Chicago meeting everything seemed fine, there was interest from both parties about getting this job filled. I thought I answered all their questions properly, was polite and well-mannered. I thought I was able to show them I could do this job. But since that meeting there's been nothing. No responses to voice mails or emails from either myself or the agency. So there's something between that meeting and now that I don't know about that caused them to drop off the face of the earth. It's somewhat frustrating not knowing.

I'll let the agency see if they can come up with some reason for this reaction. I'd just like to know so I can learn from what must be an apparent mistake. But I'll let them handle it from here on, I don't want to spend too much time on a lost cause.

1 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

That is weird that they are not responding to anyone! But I would like for you to take the blame off of yourself...you may have answered everything correctly and they are having to deal with some sort of internal scandal that has embarrassed them so much so that they don't want to talk to anyone. Who knows? But don't assume the worst and make it your fault! Silly goose!

Take care!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home