Saturday, September 29, 2007

Competition

In case you haven't caught on by now I love my iPod. And I'm totally into getting music via digital downloads. I'm not one for going to stores, "shopping" and standing on lines, so the Internet delivery system is right up my alley. And to do this with an iPod you were kind of locked into the iTunes store. But Amazon introduced a new MP3 service this week, selling music that is digital rights management free so it can be used on any player, burn CD's (this does not mean you're getting free music, Joe) and use as the buyer sees fit. And they have seriously undercut Apple's price ($.89 per single compared to $1.29 for iTune DRM free). And undercutting box stores (Pink Floyd's The Wall is $8.99 on Amazon MP3, $16.73 on iTunes and $29.99 at Best Buy).

I'll have to see how this will play out but the winner for me wil be the low bidder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home