Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tricky

So there was a bit of good news yesterday (no, not that good news). Sitting with Scott last night, watching some TV, when suddenly he says "Oh yeah, we're going to get free lunch at school."

"Really? How's that?", I say.

"Well, the school got all the lunch forms in on time so the whole school is getting free lunch"

The lunch forms are federally mandated and provide those familys with lower incomes free meals at schools for their children. I've filled out the forms every year but my income doesn't qualify me. I explain this to Scott.

"No, the principal announced today that everyone in the school gets free lunch. For the rest of the year."

Sweet. That will save me over $500 for this school year. Glad I filled out that form on time.

A little while later Sean comes down from out of his room. We're sitting for a little while when I say "That's pretty cool that you guys will be getting free lunch at school."

He immediately glares at Scott. "You idiot. We could have been scoring that $20 he gives us every other week for lunch if you didn't open your mouth."

At least I have one honest son. Watch them as they get older, people. Your replacements are out to get you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hal Johnson said...

Too funny!

5:37 PM  
Blogger hard.rox said...

LOL!! Can't say I blame him though. Probably would have done the same thing.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home