Friday, January 26, 2007

Ch Ch Ch Changes


This is where I've been working since September 2001. It's in Brooklyn across from the southern tip of Manhattan. The area has been approved to become a park. The park actually goes from the Manhattan Bridge, about a mile and a half north of here to about a half mile south. Pretty big park. The building I'm in is on a pier that sticks out into New York Harbor. The plans for the park include tennis courts, driving ranges, basketball courts and general greenery and park-like settings. It should be very nice.

The only problem is for the park to go in the building has to come down. Now I wouldn't mind having my desk on a nice, manicured lawn with this view, but that's not happening. So we have to move. Somewhere. And we have to be out by May 15th. That's not much time.

They started taking down some of the racks inside of the building and moving material out. But no one is saying anything about the move. People are starting to get nervous. One option they have is to move our office to New Jersey. That's not good for me. I can't see driving 100 miles a day through New York - New Jersey rush hour traffic (both rush hours) 5 days a week. First off my car wouldn't survive it. It's a 1988 with almost 198K miles on it. Second, it's taking my already 9 hour day and adding 4 hours traveling to it. I don't see that happening.

I hope that they say something soon so I know how to make plans. In the meantime I'm dusting off my resume. Best to be prepared, whatever the case may be.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Well...that's scary news! So, sorry to hear about that. We'll pray for a quick answer one way or the other.

3:30 PM  
Blogger gobbla said...

That's pretty nerve wracking boss. Hang in there.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home