Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Song Remains The Same

An interesting thread started up at JP's which has me thinking a little earlier this year. Which is a good idea. I usually wait until the last minute to make these kind of plans which then seems to backfire on me. Can I overcome this behavior for the coming year?

My workouts have been crap this year. To say they were sporadic would be a compliment they don't deserve. I let some things get inside my head which F'd me all up. And I unfortunately let them dominate and throw me off course, not only in workouts but in other every day life matters. So the first step will be to clear out these "noises" and try to keep them away.

And then come up with the exercise/nutrition plan. My diet hasn't been that bad, I've just been kind of dormant, staying the same weight/body fat for several months now. I'm looking at an exercise plan right now, which I'll evaluate over the next few days to see if it will get me where I want to go. It has a lot of new exercises that I haven't done before so I'll need some practice on them. It's a 12 week plan which will carry me up to the summit if I start on Jan. 1. Which is the plan right now.

So that's the idea. Don't know if I'll log this. I know a lot of people find logs motivational but they don't do that for me. I carry a log book to the gym so it just makes me write it down all over again. Not very motivational for me. What I need to do is to build up the desire to hit the ground running on 1/1 and don't hold back until I'm done.

And hopefully there will be a new song next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

I can echo this blog entry 100%. Sporadic would be a lovely word to use for my attendance. :(

I guess my struggle is I give myself too much slack, i.e. "life happens" is a common phrase at our house. But truly, life happens and this year has been hard.

I hope your plan goes well and we'll see your awesome results at the summit. And guess what? Even if you don't hit your goals, you'll still be my friend!! :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

Thank you, Jamie. I'm looking forward to the summit and getting to meet the entire Red family.

Happy Birthday to Samantha.

7:14 PM  
Blogger gobbla said...

If you don't hit your goals everyone will point and laugh. We don't want that, now do we?

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home