Monday, November 20, 2006

You've Got a Friend

I'm never going to be rich. Unless I hit the lottery (mental note- pick up a ticket tomorrow). But by the same token I'll never be poor. I have too many things that can't be measured by lottery tickets, or bank accounts, or stock portfolios. I have a great group of friends that I've been close to for 10+ years and it keeps getting better. There is just a great comfort there that I know will continue for years to come. It's unspoken but we all know that we can count on each other whenever that is needed. That's a real good feeling.

And in this last year I've been fortunate to make many new friends that don't happen to live close by. And though we can't get together for a coffee or a BBQ or to watch a game the lack of proximity doesn't take away from the closeness. I sometimes am amazed as to how this all came about, how we've been able to reach each other through words, or a joke, or a smile that we cannot see. I've been able to "meet" people from all over the United States, to the north up in Canada and across the oceans in Europe and the Far East. I hope that someday "meet" does become meet as I know that I'll be better for that. This, too, is a real good feeling.

So while I may never be monetarily rich, these friends, whether near or far, have my account overflowing. This is what I am thankful for. And what I can thank you all for.

1 Comments:

Blogger Redlefty said...

Amen!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home