Sunday, November 12, 2006

Scott's The Best

Fall in NYC and the leaves have been piling outside for the last week or so. But by the time I get home it's dark and there is so much other things to do. So my plan was for an early Saturday rise and get the leaves swept up and bagged for disposal. But coming home on Friday night it's already done. I'm thinking "I have to get up tomorrow and thank Pete (next door neighbor) for doing this".

Scott was over at a friends house and he called to ask if he can sleep over. Saying it was OK I remind him he has to get up early so I can take him to his mother's house. He gets home about 9 am and says "So, how'd I do?" I tell him we have plenty of time for him to get ready, to which he says "No, on the leaves?" I'm shocked. He did it without asking. And he did a great job, swept them all up, bagged them and hosed down the driveway and the sidewalk.

I really owe him now.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Are you smiling? You should be! You've got good boys! What an awesome story!

Jackie did the sweetest thing tonight at bedtime. I am pretty sure he fell asleep while I was rocking him, but as I stood up to lay him down he lifted his head and gave me a kiss! It was awesome, and helped since this week he's been fighting a head cold and has been a tad bit...fussy.

Have a great week!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

That is so cool. Scott will still come up to me sometimes and give me a hug. At 14 I think my time on that is running out, but it still feels great.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home