Thursday, February 15, 2007

Moving Out

So the word has come down on the plans for the office. Most of it is not good. Somewhere in the middle of March we'll be moving to South Plainfield, NJ. But that's just temporary. The company is consolidating operations all over the country and they'll be consolidating the work done in my office with an office in Charlotte. Consolidating the work, not the workers. So they are figuring on keeping us until the end of May (they promised to give us 30 days notice as to when the job is ending). At which time I'll get about 6 weeks pay between bonus and vacation/sick time. And they'll be giving me a weekly paycheck for 11 weeks as a severance. And picking up my health benefits for 6 months from the end of the job. And they are also going to pay my mileage and tolls to the NJ office, so that will give me about an extra $125 a week for however many weeks I go to NJ. So all in all it's not going to kill me for money.

At first I was a little angry about the situation but now I'm looking forward to finding something new. This job was starting to get a little stale, really no advancement. So something new can be exciting. You need that in a job, something that makes you want to go to work every day, something more than just a paycheck. I hope I can find that.

3 Comments:

Blogger hard.rox said...

Sorry to hear about the relocation and down-sizing, Bob. Sounds like they're making the effort to let you and your fellow employees down easy. Good luck with the job hunt. I'm sure you'll find something that will pique your interest.

9:12 AM  
Blogger FishrCutB8 said...

Hang in there--change, while difficult, has a way of energizing us. It looks like you're approaching this head on, like a true JPFer.

Also: http://www.cooksillustrated.com/images/document/howto/JF96_ISknifetechniques.pdf

...and keep your blade SHARP!!!111!!one!Eleven!!etc.

8:52 AM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

finding any jobs that are looking good to you?

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home