Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Walking On The Moon

It's been in the low 20's here at night for about a week or so. I've been supplementing my MA workouts with some evening walks (more on MA in a bit). For the last few nights it has been remarkably clear. I've been walking in a place in the neighborhood where the lights are spaced out more, it's a little dimmer. It's very quiet, the cold keeping most people indoors. In the darker areas when looking up I can see more stars out than I can remember in recent times. I love looking at the stars, very peaceful and relaxing. And the crisp air is very invigorating. I need to clean up the yard and get something that I can have a fire on for nights like this.

If I had won a trip to space in a contest I would have done anything possible to pay the tax on the prize. I can't think of a more spectacular adventure than to go up in space and look back on our home. That has to be one incredible view. Don't you love getting the window seat on the plane so you can watch the Earth pass below you? We really do live on a beautiful planet.

What a strange species we are.

So these walks are to get me to 5 hours of exercise related activities per week as recommended in Metabolism Advantage. The walks are supposed to be of the brisk nature but that's not happening. I really enjoy just walking and observing, not making it to be more than that. Don't get me wrong I love to exercise, especially the lifting part. But usually in life I try to avoid situations where I need to lift a heavy weight off my chest or move a 300 pound rock. And I don't want to eat the veggies, I want the cheesecake. And I don't want to feel guilty about it (I'm stamping my feet right now). I'm comfortable with me, in all regards, right now. Why do I feel guilty about that?

Tonight it was cloudy out.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Ok, so we have cheat meals built in...go for it! I am soooo having Pepperoni pizza this weekend! :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

Have you had your cheesecake, yet? I at mine tonight along with a hamburger and pizza! It was more of a cheat night than cheat meal! :)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home