Monday, June 02, 2008

News from the Front

I received a surprise phone call from Chris yesterday. It's not easy to speak to him directly but we have sent some emails back and forth. Still it's nice to hear his voice. He said it's been quiet where he is (a good thing we both agreed on) and that mostly he has been doing building up of the area. He told me he is in Salman Pak, a little south of Bagdhad. From articles I have read it seems that the units there have been in reconstruction of the area with not much fighting going on.

In his free time he has found something to occupy himself - weight lifting. He said they don't give them enough to eat to make any gains (it's funny to hear this from him) I'm sending him some protein to supplement between meals. Also lifting gloves. I'll probably throw a book in with that (I'm thinking Cressey's new one) so he can learn to do it right.

One and a half months down, 13 and a half to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger wfarb said...

is your son w/ 2-6 Inf? If so, he relieved mine (1-15 Inf) a month ago. 1-15 did 14 months in Salman Pak.
Is this his first deployment?
send me an e-mail!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Hal Johnson said...

Bob, I hope Chris's 13 and a half months left are boring as hell. Here's to boring.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home