Monday, January 21, 2008

Drama

The other day I had a talk with the boys about the current job situation. I let them know that one of the things I have to look at right now is that I may have to sell the house (remember when I said about disappointing them). I explained that I had to tell the mortgage company that I can't make the payments but that it would take a few months to sell and that if something changed in the meantime it could always be stopped. I told them I have a good piece of equity in the house (mortgage is about 60% of the value of the house) and, again, if a job came up later rather than sooner that would be used to put down on a new place.

Scott seemed to understand but Sean lit into me, which caught me by surprise. He said some pretty hurtful things which I didn't push at the time since I knew he was angry. Needless to say it's been pretty frosty between us these last few days. I have to let my anger go down before talking about this again with him.

In the meantime unemployment has ended so I've taken a part time job. I make in 10 hours what I used to earn in 2. There are mouths to feed. Good times.