Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New Music Tuesday

Robert Plant and Alison Krause put out an album a few weeks back called Raising Sand. This is one of the best albums that I have heard this year. It really surprised me in that this is not the style of music I am accustomed to listening to. I'm finding it good to listen to when I need to mellow out (crap, I'm getting old).

This is a youtube user video created to their song Your Long Journey. I thought the video is appropriate for this past holiday.

4 Comments:

Blogger RedWifey said...

Well, there you go: a song about kicking the bucket. Should I book a reservation to NY to come check on you? :)

I loved the song and the singers!

Jamie

11:20 PM  
Blogger Hal Johnson said...

Robert Plant and Alison Krause? Wow. Can't wait until I get to a place with high speed to check out the video. (Not available here in the sticks.)

Yeah, I know what you mean about the mellow/old thing. I find myself listening to acoustic stuff more and more these days. I've been telling myself it's because I'm getting more sophisticated. Ahem.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Bob Devlin said...

I tell myself my greying hair makes me look more distinguished. Yeah, right.

7:04 AM  
Blogger RedWifey said...

I say Amen to the distinguished-ness of grey hair and have, for the most part, stopped pulling my hair back as it reveals my plethora of underlying hair change.

Really, I think it's the kids! :)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home